Saturday, January 08, 2011

Feeling considerably better, I'm happy to say. I talked to the surgeon yesterday; he asked me some questions ("Are you eating?" "Yes." "Are you vomiting?" "No.") and others just too delicate to repeat here. The verdict was that I should wait and see if my condition improves.
Well, it has. I did take a nap yesterday--which I regard as the next thing to lolling around in my bathrobe all day--and was awakened by a web cam call from P. and N. Also got same later from Mike, plus phone calls from both daughters. It's nice to know they're concerned, but I don't want them to worry, so will e-mail them of my improvement.
Still not eating a lot, but had pickled beets and three shrimp, along with a bowl of cereal. Went to the store to get grapefruit juice and will add that today. May also revert to cottage cheese on pumpernickel for breakfast--we'll see.
Going to the H's for dominos tonight, along with the D.'s and the R.'s, my favorite neighbors, which I always regard as "the inner circle." I have other friends here, but those are the core group with whom I'm most comfortable, so I'm looking forward.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...