Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I got the part! Just received word this morning via e-mail that I got the part of Mrs. Soames, town gossip and busy body, in Our Town. I'm thrilled!
That wonderful news helps me forget yesterday, which was so frustrating. Tried for hours to transfer Vivian's scanned picture to this blog (for some reason, you can't do it directly from Picasa), then to Facebook, but couldn't do it. The on-line instructions are so confusing I can't understand them, but I'm going to try again today. Maybe I should have saved to "My Copmputer" instead of where it went by itself, "My Documents," but what possible difference could that make?
Other than that, went to Manahawkin to pick up some small gifts for the little girls I'll see in Tokyo and Singapore. Cut up several pounds of sweet potatoes and added orange mango juice and cinnamon, then cooked for several hours in the big crock pot. Had some for dinner and boy, was that good.
Just had a welcome interruption on the web cam from P. and N. P. told me how to transfer the picture to FB. Hope I can do it. Will start over and re-scan first.
Getting my hair done today, then attending a dinner party at Susan's and Walter's.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Big time congrats on getting the part. You'll love it.
That sweet potato dish sounds delightful...need to know how much mango juice you used.

Re transferring photos...I've found with my new blog provider I cannot directly transfer photos like I did with VOX....I have to take them to YouTube first and get a URL and THEN, post or embed the URL. It's a big PITA.

Mimi said...

Pat, I'm afraid I don't know exactly how much juice--I don't measure, just splash some in and same with the cinnamon. If you don't have orange/mango, you could use any other you have.
Finally got the picture on, as you probably saw. I have to save it to "My Computer," rather than "My Doctuments," for one thing. This one is pretty much a pain, too, at least until I get used to it.

iloveac said...

Thanks Rosemary...will have to try it. Great shot of little Viv. You did a good job getting it on FB and here.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...