Thursday, January 20, 2011

Somewhat of a hassle in the morning, as I was on the phone for almost two hours with Vanguard and Bank of America, asking where a transfer effected on January 13 is. Never appeared in my BOA account and I was told over and over by all of them that it takes "two business days" to post. NOW, after all that hassles, a certain employee of Credit Suisse informs me it could take up to five days. Missed the three-mile exercise because it took so long on the phone, darn it.
After lunch, picked up Marge and Fred for Fred's cardiologist appointment in Galloway. No problem with that, and I stopped in for a cup of tea and a pleasant chat with Marge after.
Went to the library after dinner and picked up yet another book. I'm now working on three, two by Christopher Hitchens and one a bio of Rita Hayworth. The new one is called Utopia and is a non-fiction about a small town in Texas.
Lunch with Ellen V. today.
WIDER: This makes so much sense it will never get noticed in this non-thinker nation:
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/01/19-8
(From CommonDreams.Org.)

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...