Monday, January 10, 2011

Had a good day yesterday, but am now struck down with a cold. Did a lot of household chores, then drove to Shop-Rite in Manahawkin. It was bitterly cold and windy, but roads were fine, almost completely cleared. Shop-Rite was an absolute madhouse--jammed with frantic shoppers, afraid they'd starve in a snowdrift, I guess, without their high fructose snacks. (A big storm is supposed to come tomorrow (Tuesday.)
Of course, here I am, snidely commenting on frantic shoppers and what was I doing? Stocking up on staples so I won't starve in a snowdrift.
Got a call from brother Larry and had a nice chat, then from cousin John and ditto. Enjoyed the web cam call from d.d. Ellen; otherwise, just did a few more chores and hung out.
I had every intention of walking this morning AND resuming exercise, but with this lousy cold, am laying low. Susan stopped for me during a morning Skype call from P. and N., but I had to beg off. I want to coddle this cold to get rid of it.
Hope the storm is a dud, as my first meeting as a member of the theatre group board is tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...