Monday, January 03, 2011

It rained all day, incredibly for southern California, but El and I had a cozy time together. Went to the supermarket, then the video store and got a truly remarkable documentary called Prodigal Sons, which Ellen had seen before. It involves transgenderism, Orson Welles, and Montana. Absolutely absorbing.
Later, El made a delicious lentil soup and served it up with hot dogs and white wine--just yummy. Talked to little J., who is doing much better, thank heavens.
El has Breakfast At Tiffany's and she put that on, but I couldn't stay up long enough to watch it all. Went to bed and slept well.
This morning, got a welcome invitation from the H.'s to play dominos on the eighth and accepted with pleasure.
This is my last full day here. It's always a wrench to leave my darling children and grandchildren, but I hope I can be back, maybe in the summer.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...