Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Attended the "Meet The Mayor" program yesterday in order to write a piece about it for The Breeze. I volunteered to do this, although I had originally had no intention of going. Saw three other people on the editorial board there--now why couldn't one of them have covered it? Had words with J. to that effect.
Went to Radio Shack and the young woman there spent a lot of time checking the IPod. The upshot seems to be that my computer is too old and weak to charge it. As son P. had advised, I need some kind of USB that makes it more powerful, but RS didn't have any. Was going to buy a charger, but it costs thirty bucks, which would bring cost of the IPod up to more than eighty! Am trying something else.
Went to auditions in the evening and re-read for part. I think I did better than before, but there's a lot of competition for it.
A pretty down day, all in all, allieviated only by a message from Susan when I got home, inviting me to dinner when her daughter and gdaughter are here on Friday. Yes, will attend, athough I'm meeting Betty and friends for lunch. Think I'll skip the movie after.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my second attempt at publishing this comment: Why would some sales clerk at Radio Shack know more about ipods than the Apple expert I spoke to on the phone for two hours? I still believe that your PC isn't charging the ipod because Norton will not allow your computer to recognize that the ipod device has been inserted into its USB port.

Mimi said...

Well, I'm not sure, El, but we'll see, as I gave it to A. to charge. Anyway, Mike wrote that he has some old chargers and will give me when I see him. Not sure why your first comment didn't appear.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Am thinking maybe El is on to something. Is it possible (without too much hassle) to uninstall Norton temporarily, and see if that is the problem?
I don't have Norton with my Mac, so I don't know what would be involved.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...