Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Still working on The Breeze and LETCO, I was at the computer a lot of the day. The exterminator, Brett, came in the afternoon and mouse-proofed the place, I hope and trust (he guarantees it). I have had no evidence of mice this winter, even when I was away after Christmas, but I want to be sure they won't move in when I'm gone.
Packed up some summer clothes to send to Singapore, but when I took the "one price postage" box to the P.O., I found it doesn't apply to international and it would cost $44.00! Hell, no--they probably aren't even worth that much. Will go to Staples and try to find something lighter.
Got to exercise in the morning and it felt good. Was amused when somebody mentioned it had been "too cold to walk" earlier--ha! It would never occur to Susan and me it was "too cold"; we bundle up and go, as we have all winter.
Talked to sister Betty and we made a date to lunch on Friday. Getting my hair done tomorrow, then going to Susan's dinner party. Lunch with Marilyn on Saturday and I hope to see the gang up north on Sunday.
Made a delectable red potato/onion/garlic combo in the crock pot and with a salad, had some for lunch. For dinner, I just made a kind of omelet: cut up tomatoes and mushrooms with one complete egg and the rest egg whites.
Happy day: Vanguard and BOA have finally come through and the dough is in my checking account!
WIDER: This, from one of the most powerful posts I've ever read of Chris Floyd's--and that's saying a lot:
"...There seems to be a widespread, deeply held supposition that politicians – politicians! -- will save us, if we can only put the right ones in charge of the power structure. And behind this supposition there is an unspoken -- and, in many cases, unconscious -- belief in the inherent goodness of this power structure itself. To be sure, it is a goodness that most progressives believe has been lost or diminished, or perhaps not yet realized. But there seem to be few doubts in the ultimate moral efficacy of this power structure, however lost or latent it might be at any given time. It just needs to be guided properly."
But "Goon Struck: The Mysterious Mind of Modern Progressives" cries out to be "read entire":
http://www.chris-floyd.com/
To call politicians "goons"--outrageous! And so true!

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...