Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spent a whole bunch of time assembling a roster of the Little Egg Theatre Company's board of trustees. Had to ferret out people's e-mail and phone numbers from four sheets of paper and other places--what a chore--then add their titles within LETCO, and so on. Sent it out and will await corrections, changes, etc.
Went to the Food, Friends, and Fun dinner last night with Walter and Susan and, hey, I had a great time. There were about fifteen of us, all very congenial, and I even buried the hatchet with J. Calloway's is not my favorite restaurant--when I've been there before, it's been uncomfortably noisy and the food is just so-so--but it was quieter last night. I had broiled flounder which was okay, but the wine and Sam Adams Lager were yummy.
On the way there, I persuaded Walter and Susan to try for the non-speaking roles of townspeople in Our Town. However, when I e-mailed the director to ask how they go about it, she said they were at "critical mass" with townspeople--in other words, they didn't need anyone else. Now this is annoying, as the call for more is still posted on the web site--damn! I'll have to tell the G.'s to skip it and after I talked them into it, that's a little embarrassing.
I came across a web site for the Boca Raton Club, which figures prominently in my life with Pat. Sent it to our children, with elaboration.
Party girl though I am, I'm actually looking forward to a nothing-scheduled day today to complete more preparations for my trip.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...