Thursday, July 08, 2010

Took the drink container back--it leaked--and got my five bucks back from Five Below. Found a similar one at the Dollar Tree and saved four--ha, ha! Ran a coupla other chores, then called sister Betty to see if she was free for dinner. She was and we planned to have me pick her up at 5:00, as she had Scrabble at 6:30. Went to the pool about 2:00 and was amazed to see only one other person there,, although the temperature was well over 90. Guess these old people don't want to leave the house in this weather. Two other women came in and I chatted with them, then left to get a shower and dress for dinner.
When I got down to Betty's, she asked if I would take her to a Staples in Pleasantville so she could buy a computer. Sure, I would, but we didn't find the place, so I went to Mays Landing where I knew there was a store. She bought a laptop and the things that seem to have to go with it. We then ate at Carraba's and had wonderful chicken with some kind of sauce and seasoning, along with their luscious garlic mashed potatoes. Betty grabbed the check; I tried to protest, but she generously insisted. The plan was to drop Betty at her Scrabble group in Northfield, but she decided to skip it. I took her home instead and got in myself before full dark.
Called darling daughter Ellen when I got home and, since I didn't get a role in Blithe Spirit (sob!), we made tentative plans for me to go to California to see her in August. I'm toying with the idea of continuing on to Tokyo after--P. and N. had called earlier and we discussed it--but am not sure yet what my itinerary will be.
Now today, I've got to catch up on domestic items, such as paying bills and washing clothes. (Of course, if I should get an agreeable invitation for anything fun, I'll jettison the chores and rev up my steppin' out shoes again....)

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...