Friday, July 09, 2010

Attended a Breeze meeting in the morning and we discussed the August issue. It's shaping up well, I think. I'll profile Barbara B. this time and will also contribute a short piece called "Man On The Beach." This concerns the suicide I remember--guy was arrested for child molestation and had stuck a knife in his heart. I was about seven, I guess, and was one of the crowd that gathered. I never forgot it, naturally.
Finally got to the cemetery to find that the pansies on Pat's grave and the begonias on Jay's were deader than--well, then those whose domain it is. Went to Bob's and got Hens and Chickens for both, as a worker there assured me they like sun and don't need a lot of water. Went back to plant them and noted that on Jay's, "We Love You" is spelled out with pine cones and there's a heart shaped out of stones there. My niece and nephews had been there on Thursday.
Talked to sister Betty, who invited me down today and I'll go--it continues to be very hot, but nicely sunny. Got the wash done; ran some errands; took a dip in the pool; ran more errands and that was about it.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...