Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thought it would be a slow-pokey weekend, so was delighted to get a call from New York niece Joan to the effect that she, husband Jim, and son Jeremy and girlfriend are in Ocean City and could they stop in today? Sure! I invited them for lunch and they'll come about 1:30 or 2:00--it's loose--and Jeremy wants to watch the World Cup final, so can do that here.
Drove to B.J.'s for rolls and other stuff, then to B & B for veggies.
After lunch, went to Bob's to get more hens and chickens, as I want to replace the tubular begonias I have on the porch. Stopped at the cemetery, then at Shop-Rite for cold cuts--got ham, cheese, and liverwurst. I'll serve them, plus my usual chicken salad, a green salad, and a fruit salad--yeah, I'm a salad nut--along with rolls, pumpernickel, the crystal pickles I had in the freezer. For drinks, we'll have various flavors of "Nantucket Nectar," orange mango juice, and beer. I was happy to see I still have plenty of the pretty tulip disposable dishes left over from our anniversary party two years ago, so I'll use them, too.
Was amazed all day to see water dripping out of the sky--what do they call that stuff, anyway?

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...