Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fabulous fun day with family, food, and--well, fun. Got down to Ventnor about 11:00 and shortly after, we all went to the beach. Had a ball with Betty, her daughter and two sons, one with wife, and six kiddies under nine, including Joelly and Jason. Ocean was very rough, but nice and warm and I actually got completely wet--at one point, I was knocked over by a wave. Betty and I walked back to the house after an hour or so to wait for the delicious Sacco subs* to be delivered, and I got a six-pack of beer. We ate early, about 3:30, and I left around 5:00. I didn't feel like going home right away, so went back to the cemetery and took pictures of the two graves with the hens and chickens I had planted. Stopped for a few things, and didn't get home until almost 8:00, thoroughly exhausted. Called Noelle to see if they're going to the lake today, in which case I'd like to join them.
*Niece Carolyn and Amy Sacco were roommates in college and Amy stopped over when we got back from the beach. Her father, 80, still runs the store.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...