Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Said goodbye to Larry and Helen after a scrumptious breakfast at ScoJo's. We were determined to find the elusive scrapple*, so I actually went in and asked if they had it before we parked. They did! And not only Larry, but Helen and I all had the stuff. Loaded with fat and on an unhealthy scale from 1 to 10, probably about a 25, it was oh, so delicious. We again sat outside and that was great.
They left shortly thereafter, and after putting a load of wash in, I hightailed it down to Ventnor and spent most of the afternoon there. Got a chance to see Steve, Robyn, and Dexter before they left for her mother's in Connecticut, had lunch, then joined Wes, Carolyn, and their families on the beach.
I've never seen it so crowded and it was very hot, but we had an umbrella and it was heavenly. Water was cold, so I just put my feet in. We went back to the house about 4:00, when I left for home. I'll go back on Friday, if not earlier, to celebrate Steve and Robyn's fifth anniversary.
Before even going home, I stopped at the pool and had a lovely swim. After showering, I had a bite to eat, then promptly lay down on the couch and fell asleep until almost 9:00. Staggered in to bed and was out like a light until my usual time of 5:30.
Today, I'm meeting the little guys at the lake and am so looking forward to it.
* Huh! Spellcheck doesn't recognize "scrapple"! What are they, illiterates?

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...