Tuesday, July 13, 2010

After our walk, Susan followed me to Mastercraft where I left off the car. The receptionist had told me not to expect it to be finished that day, so I called the dentist's office and told them I couldn't get to my 2:00 appointment. However, the car was done by 11:30 to my mixed annoyance (when I called back, the appointment had been filled) and satisfaction (I'm getting my car back!). Postponed it to next Monday.
In the meantime, I walked around the corner (an old expression; it was actually "around the curve") to interview Mildred G. for the August "Blowin' In The Wind" profile. Mildred is a nice person and fun to talk to. A notable item in her background is that her father died before she was born. (So did Ray H.'s.) Thanks to not having to keep my appointment, I was able to write the piece already and it's not bad.
Went to Manahawkin to run a few errands and later to the cemetery. Talked to sister Betty and daughter Ellen. We decided I'd stay at Ellen's for just a week. Rather reluctantly decided to put off taking Joelly until next summer.

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...