Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lake was in, after all, as J. has recovered. Had a lovely time with the whole gang, including at dinner later. Before that, we went to Laurita Winery, a lovely place just a bit off Rte. 539, but you'd swear you were in the Napa Valley. It includes a beautiful stone building with wine tasting (but we didn't indulge) and acres of carefully tended grape vines.
While there, I was pleased to get a call from the dentist's office saying Dr. Lyons could fit me in tomorrow after my cleaning appointment for an impression. I had had to postpone the first appointment from last Monday and had another on Thursday--an additional 110 mile trip a few days apart. Now I'll have to travel there only once, a big help.
Dinner on the deck was great. Corn, tomatoes, freshly-dug potatoes, zucchini, shrimp and chicken and all nine of us ate our fill. I didn't stay for dessert, as it was after 8:00 when I left and I don't like to drive in full dark.
Today, the Philadelphia Zoo!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...