Sunday, July 25, 2010

As happens often in the summer, it started out a drab day and turned into a bright one. Spent the morning and early afternoon on errands, then came home for lunch. Had a big bowl of broccoli, salad, and luscious cantaloupe. Did a wash and was annoyed to realize the dryer isn't drying. Took the wet clothes to the Laundromat and did them there. It could be the lint thing and I'll have to get somebody to clear it out.
Heard from Betty, who told me I had "an assignment" to write a little blurb for her in reaction to a film festival she attended last week. Will turn my attention to that when I have a chance.
Lay down on the couch and fell asleep--which proves it was a drab day, as the last thing I want to do on a summer day is take a nap--but was awakened by the phone about 3:30. Did I want to go to the lake? Damn right, I did! Jumped up, put on my suit, gathered my things, and was out of the house in ten minutes.
It takes me about 45 minutes to get there, but because I've been doing it so often, it seems shorter. Besides, I've been listening to an absorbing recorded books disc--a joint bio of the Lincolns--and that held my attention.
The lake was delightful and we stayed about two hours, I guess, then had dinner on the deck. The salad, salmon, and fresh-dug potatoes were delicious. Got home just as it turned full dark--what a nice day.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...