Monday, July 19, 2010

I'll call this the best weekend all summer. Yesterday, all nine of us went to the Philadelphia Zoo and what a great time we had. We spent all day there and the four little boys were so interested and engaged. There were five adults--none too many for that gang--and we all had a good time, too. Although I find looking at animals boring, I enjoyed it immensely because of the excitement of the kiddies. They loved the petting zoo, too--especially little T., who brushed several goats so nicely. We rented a double stroller and the kiddies traded off riding in that, along with the smaller one we brought. It was above 90 degrees all day--sizzling--and when we got there at noon, the main parking lot was full and we had to park a block down and across a street.
It's a good thing I have a lot of stamina--and the rest of the party a lot more than I do, of course--because, boy, it was hot and hey, we were on our feet almost the whole time. We did stop for lunch--I brought a roast beef (left over from my company lunch on Thursday) and avocado sandwich on pumpernickel, plus a delicious, just-ripe peach. Some in our party bought their lunches, but the kiddies were served with peanut butter on multi-grain.
Did I mention it was hot? It was hot.
Got home at 7:30 and jumped in the shower--that felt heavenly--then enjoyed a call from daughter Ellen. Will see her in two weeks--yay!--and we had a good chat. Wonderful, wonderful day.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...