Friday, May 28, 2010

Had a terrific time at the Steel Magnolias cast party last night. True, it was a month after the performances, but this was the first time we could all get together. Unfortunately, Andrea, the assistant director, was unable to come, and so was hairdresser Billie, but the rest of us had a ball.
I brought guacamole and tortilla chips, and there were tiny chicken salad sandwiches, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp, and two desserts, including the huge cake with "Kill, Rhett, Kill!" (a line from the play) written on it. Of course, we also enjoyed the many kinds of wine available. I brought a Riesling and had plenty of the rest. Tara N. (to distinguish her from director Tara C.) brought sangria and boy, I managed to put away plenty of that, too. It was the best sangria I've ever tasted.
Earlier in the day, I visited Billie to have my hair done. He cut and re-colored it, so it's no longer blonde, but medium brown. Everybody said they liked it (well, what are they going to say, "Gee, your hair looks like hell"?), but I'm not so sure. I'll wait to show daughter Ellen on the web cam on Sunday and get her verdict.
The social whirl continues: This evening, I'll be meeting friend, Peg N. for dinner at an Italian restaurant in Barnegat. Can't remember the name in Italian, but it means "Moon Over The Beach," which I find charming.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

I, of course, know no Italian. Babel Fish suggests that it might be Luna Sopra la Spiaggia. I wouldn't bet on it, though -- that's probably something comical or obscene in Italian.

Mimi said...

Close, Jim. I found out last night it's "Spiaggia e Luna," so it's slightly different. Don't know what "sopra" means, though. Could it be something like "sleepy?"

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...