Thursday, May 06, 2010

Had a terrific day. Got up to Mercer (County) about 1:30 and tooled around Ewing a bit, going past our old house on Lower Ferry (looks rundown, grass overgrown, etc.), the cemetery (was grieved to see Sean's grave bare), and a few other places.
Arrived at Rider and stopped first at my old stompin' grounds, Human Resources. It was so gratifying to be greeted with such warmth and welcome. Even more pleasurable was when I got to Mona's office. Mona is manager of benefits and my former colleague. At the three or four times I had visited Rider last, she happened to be on vacation or at meetings, so I hadn't seen her for about five years. She didn't know me and what fun when she did a perfect double-take. I've about fifty pounds lighter than I was then and now have blonde streaked hair after years of mousy brown. We had a great time talking and the experience was duplicated with my former secretary, Terry, now assistant to the dean, and my old friend, Vickie, chief of security.
The Awards Reception was great, too, with lots of former co-workers, both retired and active, present. It was held in the backyard of the president's residence in gorgeous sunny weather. I was happen to chat with Shirley K.T., my old boss, who was honored for forty years at Rider. Talked to many others--a number of whom I had hired myself--had some yummy food and even yummier Coronas, and enjoyed the whole thing immensely.
Stopped at grandson Joel's on the way home. They'll be coming for Mother's Day on Sunday, I'm happy to say. Got in about 7:00 after a wonderful day.
Am taking Mary Ellen to dinner tonight, so my wild goings on will continue--yippee!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...