Tuesday, May 04, 2010

After getting my oil changed, I unpacked and puttered around. Got my passport picture taken at Walgreens's Went to a Breeze meeting at 1:00, which was attended by two women from Cranberry Creek. They co-edit their paper and have had problems similar to the ones we may face. One of them said she had been at the Sunday performance of Magnolias and loved my portrayal of Clairee. Of course, I was abashed and embarrassed and asked her never to dare mention anything about such a subject again--NOT!*
I was intrigued by some things one of the visitors, Barbara W., said, so called her after dinner. She is, in effect, editor of their paper, although she's simply listed as part of the editorial board; she's also a trustee. We had a good chat and agreed that people--troublesome, cantankerous, or saintly--are probably the same everywhere.
Was happy to get darling daughter, Ellen, by web cam call late in the day and we caught up on various things.
*One of our very sophisticated verbal devices when I was in high school; signifies a negation of a preceding statement. Weren't we suave?

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...