Friday, May 07, 2010

Bought two tops at Kohl's. Did some Breeze editing. Left for LBI about 5:30, but when I got there, realized I didn't know which municipality Mary Ellen lived in ("...in which Mary Ellen lived." Oh, the hell with it.) Found her in Surf City, where she's staying at the summer home of her ex'es cousin. She asked if I wanted to see her house that was burnt and we drove down to Barnegat Light.
I was amazed and aghast at the damage. I had been told "the back of he house" was burned, but wasn't prepared for the almost total destruction of the whole place. It's a very large house on three floors overlooking the bay--a beautiful property--and every room is done for, if not by the fire itself, by water and smoke. The place reeked. Mary Ellen told me she hadn't yet decided whether to have it torn down and rebuild completely or to try to reconstruct. I can't imagine how that could be done, as there's so little to salvage. Luckily, at least the place was heavily insured, so she has no problem with that.
We ate at The Plantation and boy, was that good (not to mention pricey--oh, I guess I just did). I had duck breast, Mary Ellen lamb, and we both enjoyed a few glasses of wine. Had a good, long talk, ranging in topic from the acting company to religion to politics to family. I didn't get home until 11:00 and to bed until 12:00. but have nothing scheduled until Sunday, so may be able to take a nap.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...