Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm getting to be a real farmerette. Planted twelve stately red salvia and twelve cute little "Million Gold" plants in front, then decided more were needed to fill in. Went back to Bob's and got eight white geraniums and planted them in back. My planning instincts were off for sure, as I put the geraniums in back and it was hard working around the other plants without crushing them. I also bought four pots of "steppables"--tiny little green ground cover that will drape over the flagstones that front the garden. Besides that, I bought two Rigel begonias and a "copaca"--a low-growing with little white flowers. Planted them in the container and decided to put that on the porch, as begonias like shade. I also again watered the tree, then the flowers.
Barb next door came over to ask if I wanted half of her ficus tree, which Frank is going to divide. I do and I dedicated a big pot to it.
I'm still not satisfied that I have enough planted. I know I want to go back to Bob's and get two more white geraniums, as they stopped a little short behind the salvia. Went to The Home Depot late in the day, to see what they have, but left empty handed. Soon, I'll have to tackle the clearing and weeding in the back, as I want to plant tomatoes. What a chore, but I'll get to it. I don't even want to contemplate the rest of the weeding around the sides that needs to be done. Hard work, but good exercise and, once I get into it, absorbing.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...