Friday, May 21, 2010

The dentist appointment yesterday wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be (but wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs, either). It took more than two hours and was separated into two distinct parts: the first, "debridement," clearing away the underbrush--I mean tartar--and the second, extractions. I will draw a vein over that part, but with the nitrous oxide, it was bearable. The aftermath was a bit uncomfortable, but with the Percoset and Valium, I slept like a log, and don't feel half bad this morning. My mouth is a bit sore, but the bleeding has stopped, a damn good thing, as in the middle of the pulling part, I realized I had forgotten to leave off the daily aspirin, after all. It didn't seem to matter, though, thank heavens.
My next appointment is in two weeks--no picnic, either, but the worst is over.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...