Friday, May 14, 2010

Busy, busy, lots going on. Right after our walk, I zipped over to Manahawkin to leave off some prescriptions, then sped back to jump in the shower and dress for our Woman's Club Luncheon.
The fact is, the only reason I continue to join the Woman's Club is for the luncheons. The meetings tend to be boring--next time, a chiropractor has been scheduled (Zzzz)--and they're held on Sunday afternoons, when I'd often rather do something else.
The luncheon was at Renault Winery, a lovely place, and was good fun. Pat H. picked me up, along with Lois V. and Barb H. (Pat's granddaughter goes to Rider, my alma mater and long-time place of employment.) Pat is a nice person, but drives like an little old lady--I had to restrain myself from telling her to get the lead out--so it took us about twice as long to get there as it would have with speedy Mimi at the wheel. We did, though, and joined the crowd. I was gratified at the number of women who came up to me to praise my performance in "Magnolias." Some of them had greeted me after the shows, but I hadn't realized others were there; I felt like a celebrity. What's more, I won twenty-five bucks in the fifty-fifty--yahoo! As I often say, there's nothing like money to make people happy.
Got home about 3:30 with just time to change and assemble my stuff for our Breeze meeting. We're down to the wire with submissions and there are still a few things I have to clean up, but we're pretty well set.
I went right from the meeting to Manahawkin, where I picked up my four prescriptions. The cost was only a hair over twenty bucks, all told, which is why I take my prescriptions to Wal-Mart. Considered looking in on the Zumba exercises--I have a free pass for one session--but I was hungry and it was after six, so I went home.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...