Sunday, May 09, 2010

At almost the last minute, I decided to go to the Gene London show at Boscov's. It was crowded, but I got a good seat. This guy had a children's T.V. show--"Cartoon Corners"--from Philly years ago, then became a fashion designer. He's very tall and slim, a nice-looking man and has obviously had some work done on his face. Late in the program, he revealed that he's 79! Yoicks--and he still can't keep from hamming it up! The show was mildly enjoyable, though I found his talk tedious. He told yarns about the big stars; many of his stories were surely invented. The fun part was when he introduced models wearing reproductions of sumptuous gowns from movies: Gone With The Wind, Gilda, Masquerade, and others.
Stopped at the supermarket for last-minute stuff, then went home and started cooking. I made slymphie stew, chili, and baked and iced a vanilla cake. If it had fallen apart, I would have made a trifle, but it didn't; made vanilla icing, then decorated it with ceramic flowers. (I always have to remind people they're not edible.) Will make the green salad and chicken salad today. I'll put the five adults in the dining room and the four little boys in the kitchen.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...