Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just got word that all corrections have been done on The Breeze and the paper was put to bed (not sure that expression is still used). Today, I'll interview the H.'s for the July issue; am toying with the idea of also contributing an essay on my Aunt Maggie--dunno.
I asked Frank-Next-Door (yes, that's his legal name) to help me send "files" of some pictures to the publishing company and while he was here, Mike called from London on the web cam. It was so nice to see and talk to him and he showed me his office building out the window from his hotel.
Got a lovely thank you note from Daniel McN., the kid who got the scholarship award I endowed. (Geez, that sounds so grandiose, as if it's on a par with the ka-billion dollar bequest that changed the name of Glassboro State to Rowan College.) Well, $500 isn't to be sneezed at, either and Daniel said he'll buy books with it. I don't care if he buys a night out on the town, it's his, he's a nice kid, and I'm glad I did it.
Talked to sister Betty. I'm a little concerned that she went for a stress test, then was told she needed an angiogram. She has a sporatic bleeding problem and has to go to a hemotologist first, which she'll do today.
Went to the cemetery to tidy up, then to Bob's. Bought two brilliantly red double begonias to put on Jay's grave. I'll do that later today, I guess, after I see the H.'s. Also got three tomato plants, one a patio one that I can keep right in the container it came in. Can't wait for homegrowns that actually have some flavor to them.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...