Monday, May 10, 2010

Had a lovely Mother's Day. P. and N. called in the morning and we had a good chat. The family got here right at 4:00 and I greatly enjoyed seeing all of them, especially the little boys. We ate about 5:30 and I was glad to see most of the food was gone when we finished. Put the boys in the kitchen and we were in the dining room, which worked out well (as long as Joel could keep an eye on them). I set up a buffet in the kitchen and all helped themselves.
After dessert (vanilla cake), I opened my presents. Besides the orchid garden from Mike, I got a beautiful bracelet from P. and N. (I'm sure she made it herself) and a wonderful Beethoven disc from Ellen. She called just as the rest were leaving about 7:30 (most have to go to work today) and, as ever, we had a good talk.
I finished cleaning up, then had my wine--sans popcorn, as I was stuffed, I'm afraid--and went happily to bed.
Wonderful day, wonderful family, and what a lucky mother I am.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...