Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Got a cam call from P. and N., always an enjoyable event. Saw N.'s stunning portraits; one is of a tiger--and it's burning bright, the other simply the eye of an animal. She's entering both into the Japan Nature Painting exhibition of the Ueno Royal Museum. They're wonderful.
Went over to the V.'s at 11:00 to clarify a few items on their "profile" which I'm writing for The Breeze. They promptly invited me to lunch and I promptly accepted. Had Italian wedding soup and a grilled sandwich, along with a little drop (or "leetle drap," as the Irish say) of Chardonney. Very nice.
Went from there to Wal-Mart to pick up medications and other stuff. Called Billie's salon to see if he could wash and style my hair for the Award Ceremony at Rider today; however, he's off, so I went to the nearby salon that Susan uses and will have it done there. I noticed it's a lot less expensive, too--hmm, maybe I'll switch yet again.
Got a welcome call from Mary Ellen. Her house, which burnt during the run of "Magnolias," is uninhabitable and she's staying at her ex-husband's relative's summer place on LBI. I said I want to take her to dinner, so we'll do that tomorrow.
Did a lot of work on The Breeze, trying to get it into some kind of shape when it comes to organization. Created a "final" folder and put completed articles into it. I think it's shaping up okay.
Later, I did something downright evil: When my niece was here for the play, she left me a big square of chocolate from somewhere and I sat down and ate most of it. To top off the crime, I then went out and got a soft ice cream cone! With chocolate coating! Ugh, I felt queasy after, but it was good going down. Hope I have that out of my system now.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...