Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yet another up-and-down day. After paying forty bucks for Pat's inhaler at Wal-green's on Tuesday, I took the prescription to Wal-Mart and got one for $9.00. This is the "rescue" inhaler, supposed to be used only in extreme circumstances--but the disease has progressed so horribly that he needs it for even minor exertion. The worse part is, it's the only medication that has any effect now--and that's very little. When I got home, I mistakenly thought the stuff was for his nebulizer, which he no longer uses, as it doesn't work. Great consternation and "I never do anything right" lamentations, of course, but I then found it actually is the inhaler, so the crises was over. Until the next time.
Later, things improved. Susan and Walter took their van and I my car to get the new porch furniture. We finally got it loaded--it was touch and go for a time--and it's now on the porch and looks great. I actually sat out for a few minutes, although it's none too warm.
Only other "down" part of the day was the fact that while I was taking something else out of the refrigerator, a big bowl of salad dumped over onto the floor. Oh, Sugar! (Well, I yelled something like that, but think I'll leave my actual comment to the imagination). Okay, I cleaned it up, recovered my equilibrium, and went to rehearsal, which went well.
I see Marlena this morning.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...