Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stocked the larder and did my usual chores. Worked up the little exchange among the restaurant owner, the guest, and the hostess (that's me) for the mystery theatre. Also came up with some "fortunes" the phony psychic can do for the guests. I wanted to be sure they weren't things like, "I see you dead in 10 days," or "next month, you'll fall down a mine shaft" or whatever. I don't think those would be funny in any venue and, considering we'll be preforming in an adult community, particularly not there. Instead, I worked up stuff like "Oh, dreadful news! You'll inherit forty million dollars, but to receive it, you'll have to move to an 18-room-villa on the French Riviera for six months of the year. I know you would never want to leave your lovely home in South Jersey for that long, so woe is you..."
Well, with an Hungarian accent and properly alarmed gestures and expressions, it should be funny. I hope.
Later: Went to Weight Watchers and am up .2--about 2 ounces--for 68.2 pounds off and a current weight of 131.4. That's a pound and 4 ounces higher than I want to be, going by the "between 125 and 130" rule. Will keep keepin' on....

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...