Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spent a considerable amount of time weeding the front flower bed, one side, and a bit of the back. It's amazing how much ground we have--all of which has to be weeded. I put in some of the alyssa (?) Barb H. had given me, but it isn't evident where the roots actually are, so I'm not sure I did it right. Barb said they spread a lot, so I put in only three. Will plant the rest out back. I still have more to do, but it's progress. It's raining now, so that's good. Maybe I'll buy some plants today to put in the front flower bed--and I want to get more mulch, as what was there before is mostly washed away. I want to get my tomato plants in, and buy some basil, too. I was happy to see the blueberry bush is alive--even has flowers on it--and so are the strawberries.
Best of all, the lily-of-the-valley are blooming. My dear friend, Elaine, had them in profusion in her backyard. She used to come over every spring with a big bunch for me. She died six years ago and I asked Len if I could dig some up and plant them at our new home. I miss her still.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...