Monday, May 11, 2009

Had a very pleasant, if unconventional (well, maybe that's why it was so pleasant) Mother's Day. A. and M. (and Lulu) got here in the afternoon and helped me do a lot of chores, including getting out and arranging all four hoses, a more laborious job than it would seem. They brought me a big pot of mixed plants, which is now adorning the front porch and, even better, the promise of a hike today on the new Barneget trail. We'll meet at 4:00 and expect it's three miles or so.
We ordered an elegant repast from Brother's Pizza and just cleared the coffee table in the living room, so we could eat dinner with Pat. I had sausage with peppers and onions on a roll and a cold beer--oh, joy!--and we topped off our feast by sharing one of Pat's Hershey Bars.
We saw and spoke to Ellen on the cam, as I had the two boys earlier. She gave me a beautiful pearl and silver necklace which will go perfectly with the new gauzy black and white blouse I'll wear to the Women's Club luncheon in a few weeks. Joel called to tell A. and me Happy Mum's Day; it was their sixth anniversary and we congratulated them.
After our company left, I topped off the decadent day with cookies and milk. Such a nice one and I'm such a fortunate woman to have all those reasons to celebrate it.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...