Thursday, May 21, 2009

Walking partner Susan surprised me with a "Topsy-Turvey" tomato plant hanger and a plant to put in it. After breakfast, I trekked down to the Galloway Shop-Rite and got the mulch and petunias with the coupons. Stopped at Santori's while I was in the neighborhood. Later, I went to Manahawkin; got a shepherd's crook and more petunias at Lowe's and strappy shoes at Kohl's. (Decided I'd break my ankle if I wore the higher heels, but I still wanted nice, summery ones.) Suggested to Pat he invite old George to dinner, as I had a nice pork tenderloin. He accepted, of course, and we had a nice dinner--the first time in months Pat's eaten in the kitchen. Mary Ann Van O. came to the door when we were finished to return a container I gave her. She was walking, so I decided to accompany her and we went about a mile.
I was so busy all day, I didn't have time to plant the things I bought--or hang the "upside-down" tomato plant thing. Don't know if I'll be able to do it today,as I have the Women's Club luncheon, then rehearsal tonight.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...