Sunday, May 03, 2009

Did something yesterday I've never done before: watched the Kentucky Derby. I subscribe to The New Yorker and had just read a piece on the horse, "Fresian Fire," and his trainer. Seems F.F. was the favorite to win, so I got mildly interested once I realized Pat had the Derby on. Surprise! "Mine That Bird," a very long shot, won--and F.F. came in--well, if not dead last, far at the end. It was fun to see the crowds, the excitement, the delirious joy of the winning jockey, and even to realize that nothing at all that went on there made the slightest difference in my life.
Other than that, I went to B.J.'s and got vadalia onions, cleaned the master bath, and generally puttered around. Got a welcome call from my new friend, Mary L., and look forward to meeting her for lunch on Tuesday.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...