Friday, May 08, 2009

Had the first session with my therapist yesterday...
Wow, does that make me sound like a big-city sophisticate! I like her, though, and actually enjoyed it. Made a date to continue next Thursday. I was happy to find we could meet then at 8 am, which fits best into my schedule and hers.
After that, I went to B.J.'s, then on a few other errands. Came home through a driving rain--when will this deluge ever stop?--and continued on with my day. Called sister Betty to see how the forest fires are going. She's still at Carolyn's, but will probably return to her apartment today.
Wider: From the blog "Danger Room," words to ponder:
"A few years back, Dana Priest published an entire book about the rise of the military as the primary instrument of U.S. foreign policy. Regional combatant commanders (then known as “CinCs”) had enormous resources at their disposal, eclipsing ambassadors in power and influence. The shift took place with almost no public debate, Priest observed. “Long before September 11,” she wrote, “the U.S. government had grown increasingly dependent on its military to carry out its foreign affairs. The shift was incremental, little noticed, de facto. It did not even qualify as an ‘approach.’ The military simply filled a vacuum left by an indecisive White House, an atrophied State Department, and a distracted Congress.”
Seems to me this is the biggest danger in our country--and the world--today.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...