Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Got the nasturtiums in and went to Shop-Rite for mulch they had on sale with coupon. However, they had none and the coupon is for the Atlantic County stores, although they honor them when in stock. I'm thinking about getting to Absecon today. Had a good talk with sister Betty and will go down to her place to pick something else for her when I have a chance.
Called the podiatrist, Dr. Z., to come for Pat's feet and to my surprise, he was able to come within a few hours. He sliced off a lot of dead or fungal tissue and cut Pat's toenails. (Ugh! Seems to me there's nothing as disgusting as feet. Well, maybe fecal matter and politicians....)
Rehearsal last night and boy, I'd better get cracking on learning the part of Ivana, bogus Hungarian psychic. I have to perform it in two and a half weeks at the Surf City Hotel, a venue I've never even seen.
Wider: Norm Chomsky, ends his piece on torture in TomGram.Com:
"Historical amnesia is a dangerous phenomenon, not only because it undermines moral and intellectual integrity, but also because it lays the groundwork for crimes that still lie ahead."
In the article, he points out the common delusion that our policy of exceptionalism has not always include torture and mayhem; it isn't new with the Bush era. Of course, as long as we confine our cruelties to people in other countries or of other "tribes," we've been able to get away with it.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...