Sunday, May 24, 2009

What fun yesterday! A. called in the afternoon and invited me up to be with her and the little boyos, who were staying over. Of course, I accepted. Left Pat a sandwich, a thermos of soup, soda, and a freezer mug filled with ice, along with phone numbers of neighbors, and he was okay.
Got to A.'s about 4:30 to find her and the kids outside playing. Joined in, then we ate on the deck. After, we went to the children's park in Jackson and just had a ball. Little T. is an absolute dynamo, running from the slide to the leather "bridge" and back over and over, then playing in the sandbox, then insisting on racing after his big brother and a boy he was playing with.
We then went to the big factory outlet shopping center nearby to get both boys sandals. It was jammed--we were informed by a clerk it was the heaviest shopping day of the year--but A. concentrated on the little one and I helped J. try on and take off. Finally found some, paid, and left.
I didn't get home until after 9:30 to find I had missed Mike's call. Don't know why it didn't occur to me to Skype him, but will talk to him today, I hope.
Had my p. and w., then went to bed, and--incredibly!--slept until 8:30 this morning. But oh, what a wonderful time I had with those sweet kids. It made my week.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...