Sunday, December 02, 2007

Went to First Presbyterian's Christmas Craft sale yesterday with Susan. It was all I could do not to buy and buy. They have exquisite items, all handmade, but I had to keep in mind that I'm trying to divest myself of Xmas items, not acquire more. Just got some cookies and fudge for Pat, handmade gift tags, and a small bar with "Little Egg Harbor" painted on it.
Asked Leslie if she wanted to go with me to Santori's, but she was too tired from working at the sale. Just asked me to pick her up some peppers, which I did. Today, she'll deliver the fresh wreath I ordered, also from her church.
Barb H. called to see if I wanted to go to the Tuckerton House Tour on Thursday. Yes, indeed; this will be the third year she, Susan, and I have done this. We'll go to lunch first.
Oops. I forgot I had told Leslie I'll work at the food pantry on Thursday, filling in for Barb D.. I hate to renege on things I agreed to do, but she said she'd probably be able to get someone else. If she can't, I'll do it and just skip the house tour this year.
Got a welcomed call from Pat's cousin, Joe D., from Jacksonville. He and Dot are about to put their house up for sale. It's a good-sized house on a huge lake in Orange Park, where we visited about 5 years ago. Joe lived with Pat's family until graduation with him from St. James. He was the heart throb of all the girls--including this half of the Byrne twins.
We then got an unwelcome call from Pat's dermotologist. He has 3 more squamous cell cancers they want to take off with a "MOHS" (that stands for something). However, they take a little off at a time, then he'd have to wait for the biopsy, then more off, etc.--he'd have to be there for 4 to 8 hours, just impossible for him. I asked for an alternative, and she said radiation, which we could have done at the hosptial in Manahawkin. He would first have a one-hour consultation, then a series of visits, but they'd last only about 15 minutes. I agreed to that, told Pat, and he said the V.A. had told him he couldn't have any more radiation, as they had used it to excise the growth on his ear. Now I'll have to track down the history of the whole thing and see whether that's accurate. I need this like a hole in the head. Oh, well, that's what I get paid for (ha!).
Called Alison to hear she has two interviews on Friday. She said she'd like to "do" Christmas Eve, when she'll have both Mike's relatives and us. Then, I'll have our gang on Christmas Day. Sounds good and we'll enjoy both days. She asked if I wanted to go to Rancocas for some kind of festival on Saturday, but I'm going to the K.'s tree-lighting ceremony and party in the evening, so I declined. On second thought, though, maybe I could do both--just meet them there during the day. I'll get back to her.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...