Sunday, December 30, 2007

Susan and I walked with umbrellas again, but the heavier downpour had passed by 7, and we actually enjoyed the gentle rain. It was warm, too--in the fifties--so that was pleasant.
Rest of day was mundane, but okay. Needed to replenish our supply of paper products, so I made the mistake of going to Wal-Mart. On Saturday. The Saturday after Christmas
It was jammed, of course. Finally got what I wanted and escaped with my life. Stopped at Shop-Rite, then Acme, and got salmon for dinner for me, country ribs that I barbecued for Pat. Went to the library and the liquor store (words and wine, folks, a glorious combination), to replenish my supplies in those areas, too.
Talked to Barb H., who told me neighbor Anne Mary doesn't have pneumonia after all; possibly, it was post-nasal drip. She was probably released yesterday and is up north with friends. At Wal-Mart, I found a note card with a picture of a white miniature poodle that looked just like her Eddie. Used it to combine a few paragraphs of "get well" and "thank you" (she had given me a candle for Christmas), and sent it off.
After dinner, we were delighted to get a web cam call from Ellen. She had hooked it up herself and it was fun talking to, and seeing her. She showed us small, graceful Tillie and hulking Sebastian (18 pounds!) and even moved the camera part around the room, so we could see that, too. Still no official word from the owners of the condo, but we figure they'd get in touch in the new year.
After about 20 minutes, Mike called Ellen, so we hung up with her. He may call us tonight, but not sure. Ellen had called Alison earlier and so had I, but there was no answer. Since it rang, I think they just weren't home, not that it wasn't hooked up.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I can't think of a better gift Mike could have given each of you.
Is there an extra charge when you use the webcam or is it the same if you use the phone alone?
Now, Patrick and Natsue must get online.
Glad to hear your dear 'friend'/neighbor Ann Mary is making quick progress. She will soon be home to Eddie. BTW, did you and Pat offer to care for darling Eddie during this scary post nasal drip episode of A.M?...did you at least offer to take him for a walk during this season of increased love of neighbor....just checking. I know how you love animules.

Mimi said...

Pat, I don't know what happened with my comment to yours. I answered it, and thought it went through, but obviously not. Told you that, of course, we offered to have Eddie come live with us. Don't know why Anne Mary screamed, clutched Eddie to her bosom, and vanished down the street--odd.
As for the web cam, it doesn't cost anything at--neither a phone charge nor any other.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...