Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Took Susan to Toys "R" Us (asinine name) in Mays Landing yesterday morning. I got some Dora the Explorer things for Vivian and she got gifts for two-year-old Sophia. I didn't send to Singapore yet because I'm waiting for the Cinderella DVD to include, but guess I'd better send them today. Got a few more Christmas items out.
Made beef stew in the crock pot and Pat actually remarked on how good it was. After I got up off the floor, I had some myself. Yep, he was right.
In the evening, I called Mike to wish him happy birthday. My baby boy is now 41 years old--what?! I can't believe I'm 41, let alone that my youngest child is. Mike is in Tokyo and will leave shortly for a week in Hong Kong.
Miami brother Larry sent pictures of some of his humongous family at Thanksgiving, including the newest great-grandchild. He has seven children and an enormous number of grands and great-grands. Lucky Betty will visit them next week and go with many of the strapping brood on their annual trip to Disneyland.
Got a call from my cousin, Bob F., in California. He's one of the driving forces in our shared genealogy (maternal German side) and was instrumental in having our great-grandfather's picture added to the portraits of soldiers at Gettysburg. We talk every few months and, as ever, it was very enjoyable. Bob asked me to send him six pounds of scrapple, which I'll be happy to do. He said if I freeze it, then wrap in newspaper, it should survive the trip to the left coast fine. They no longer sell it in benighted California and, being an old West Philly boy, he can't go on without it--perfectly understandable.
Then Alison called and--happy day!--she has three interviews on Friday. I can't imagine any of them wouldn't make an offer to somebody like her; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bidding war for her services. Am I partisan? Damn right.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...