Saturday, December 15, 2007

The cleaners were here only an hour, but there were five of them and they did a good job. Gave each a Christmas card with a twenty inside and they said, "Gracias."
Wrapped some presents that Mike had ordered from Amazon and sent California brother, Frank, the sports section of the A.C. Press. It featured the undefeated Holy Spirit football team, with pictures of each member on the front page. (Geez, they all looked like college kids, if not young marrieds.) Inside, they were lauded for their championship of the South Jersey (or something) league. Who woulda believed it when we were at consistently- trounced HSHS?
Went to Hamilton Mall and got Ellen's present (Pat drew her name), plus toys for Joel and Tristan. It was jammed--with cars outside and people inside--reminding me why I avoid malls like the plague. Went to Borders to use the gift certificate A.M. gave me for my birthday, and got a magic trick set for Joely and a book, Truth, by Al Franken. Unfortunately, although on my side of the political spectrum, the book is dated and poorly written. Boring.
I was pleased and grateful to get from niece-in-law, R.S., some advice on the pants styles that are most flattering to my short "apple" figure. Will take it to heart and try to buy accordingly.
Aside from that and the never-ending domestic chores, nuthin' much going on. Today, I want to get more Christmas stuff separated out and taken to Habitat. MUST get my Christmas cards done, too.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...