Thursday, December 06, 2007

Last night was a bummer, but the day was enjoyable. It snowed--very lightly, though, in the late morning to evening--and looked pretty. (But that's enough, Snowgod, more isn't better.) Went to Kohl's, Home Depot, and a few other stores, then to Shop-Rite for supplies and cousin Bob's six pounds of scrapple, which was actually on sale. Have stowed it in the freezer and will pack and send it in a few days.
Continued my Christmas decorating when I got home and was pleased when the Cinderella DVD arrived via UPS. Wrapped and packed Vivian's gifts, took the box to the P.O. (and postage was only $23, less than I had expected), then went home to jump in the shower and get ready for dinner with my Wellspouse friends, Vivian and Maureen. However, M. called to say she was just coming from the doctor and had the flu, so had to cancel. Too bad, but Viv and I would still meet.
After leaving dinner for Pat, I got to Calloway's at 5:30--and waited and waited. Called home to find Viv had called and was hung up at work, so couldn't get there. Damn and double-damn! Pat said he tried to call me three times and the cell didn't ring. This has happened before and is so annoying.
So I went home, changed, and washed off the makeup I had applied an hour before, grumbling all the way. However, these things happen, Viv couldn't help it, and at least, there was no problem driving, as the snow didn't stick. Besides, I can look forward to today, when Susan, Barb H. and I are going to lunch, then on the Tuckerton Christmas Tour. Ray H. called to invite Pat out to lunch (he often does this when Barb and I go out somewhere), which will be nice for him. (Whattya wanna bet it will be Beverly's, Pat will get a grilled cheese, and Ray an omelet? It's Rut City in Sunrise Bay.)
A sad note: Alison called last night to tell me Jen's grandmother has died. I knew she was having a medical procedure--I thought it was diagnostic--but the tumor took her life. Will call Jen today to ask about the funeral.
Later: For the first time in months--I honestly can't remember how long it's been--I skipped our morning walk. Susan came over and was game to try, but I chickened out. I had gone outside to get the paper and saw there was heavy ice on the sidewalk and street. I just can't risk falling, so regretfully decided to pass today. I hope and expect it will melt soon and we certainly won't skip our outing (Susan's driving). If conditions do improve, I'll crank up the portable CD and see if I can go later with Nat King Cole and Frankie.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I have a question and a suggestion plus an anecdote.

What brand of scrapple does Bob request?

You are so wise to avoid any risk of falling. I purchased (for my SiL) those things that go on your shoes to grip the ice. Check out www.QVC.com to see if they would work for you.

I kept trying to call Rich from my cell to our landline and it kept going to voice mail....grrr. Good thing I wasn't in an emergency. I think we might want to go back to two cans and a string.

Mimi said...

Bob asked for Haberstett and that's what I got him. I know about those ice grippers, as I got them for Alison and Mike a few years ago. (You know, they lead hikes through the pine barrens, even in ice and snow.) Not sure if I'd use them, as walking on ice doesn't lent itself to the brisk pace we keep, even if you have the cleats on--but thanks for the suggestion.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, how did the WW go today? I look forward to it each week. Want to know what you lost cause I know you did not gain.

EBJ said...

So sorry to hear about Jes's GMom.
I think I met her at a shower for J&J at the house across from you on Lower Ferry.
Please send me their address.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...