Friday, December 21, 2007

Got an award (a brass key chain) from Weight Watchers for the 50-pound loss--very gratifying. I had picked up Leslie for WW and caught up with her doings. As we will, she and Dennis will have a quiet Christmas; their boys and families will come on Sunday.
Betty called early; she's back from Florida and had a ball. I'm sure we'll talk again today, as it's our shared birthday. How lucky we are to have each other!
Got up to Alison's about 1:00 and Ellen and I fell into each others' arms. Mike had taken the day off and showed me around the addition. Wow, it's terrific! I couldn't believe how big the remodeled living/dining room is now and the two new rooms and bath are beautiful. They moved their sofabed into one of the rooms, so Ellen had a private suite. The bathroom has a granite countertop, tile all around the tub, and a big oval mirror over the sink. The paint and trim in all areas came out great and there are enjoyable views out of every window. Some overlook their big backyard and stands of trees, and others frame similar scenes. Incidentally, all the windows are doubles; Alison and Mike like a lot of sunshine. The rooms aren't yet completely furnished, but they're set up with two big conversation areas and Alison is following a "rustic elegance" theme, perfect for the house and the woodsy setting.
Got back home about 3:00 and we've been having a ball with Ellen. We went to the supermarket, then cooked dinner together and talked and talked, of course. I'm so glad she'll be with me in court today--I'm really nervous. As this is my birthday, Ellen ordered a cake from a bakery in Manahawkin and we'll pick it up after my ordeal with the law--assuming I'm not incarcerated by then.
Do I have any philosophical thoughts or solemn advice for readers on this momentous day?
Hell, no.

5 comments:

EBJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY TWIN!!!!
I LOVE YOU.

Mimi said...

AND RIGHT BACK TO YOU: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU, TOO.

iloveac said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS.M. So glad Ellen is there to celebrate with you and to go with you today.

Dee's Blog said...

Happy Birthday to both twins, hope your day was special and I'm sure it was with Ellen there.
Allison and Mike's house sound wonderful, so much space. Having a view out each window is really special, there are not too many people who have that luxury.
How did you make out in court?

Mimi said...

Pretty okay--see tomorrow's entry.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...