Saturday, May 12, 2007

The tree dedication was beautiful. Leslie and her group of parents who have lost adult children meet every month to talk, and help and support each other. They had selected a flowering cherry to plant in their children's memories on the clubhouse grounds we jointly own. During the short, informal ceremony, some of the mothers spoke about their children, while several fathers dug the hole. Poetry was read, and a prayer recited, and there were tears and hugs. Almost every day, I discover a reason why we were drawn to this place and this was one of them. Sunrise Bay is our hearts' home.
Earlier in the day, I went over to a yard sale in Smithville, just because I noticed it was on Moonraker Ct., where my older sister used to live. Incredibly, I found a wonderful straw hat, white with a wide black and white ribbon around the crown, which will go beautifully with the dress I'm wearing to the wedding.
We had some complications with the new oxygen company, but I think they've been resolved. Pat has switched to liquid oxygen, but may or may not continue with that type. The respiratory therapist called, wanting to come on Monday; I asked if she could come today instead, but she wasn't sure. I'm a little concerned because Pat still has the equipment from Apria and I wonder if Medicare and AARP will balk at the few days' overlap. Lynne, do you have any answers to this?
Picked up Mary Ann Van O. for lunch and we went to Panini Bay. I got my usual Caesar salad and brought half home. (Notice that bright, shining circle over my head? Yes, it's just what you think it is.) Mary Ann's husband also has emphysema and they're waiting anxiously to hear if he qualifies for the new lung volume reduction procedure, which is less invasive than the one Pat had 8 years ago.
After lunch, I took Mary Ann down Seven-Bridge Road (which actually has only five bridges; the other two washed away years ago). This is a straight stretch, about 4 miles long, that goes over the marshes and straight to the bay. There are a few small marinas there, plus the Rutgers Research Station, and plenty of herons and other birds to see. I then took her to see the gigantic concrete blocks that used to hold up the 820-foot radio antenna for which Radio Road was named. I was amazed Mary Ann had never been to either site, or to the Tuckerton Historical Society, a wonderful source for the history of the area.
When I got home, I found a beautiful pot of yellow roses, a Mother's Day gift from Mike, Paula, and Vivian. I'll be able to plant them outside in a few weeks, and will enjoy them for years to come.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

What a delight to come home to the roses. I bet they are gorgeous. Enjoy!

Sunrise Bay does sound like a wonderful community.....community in every sense.

I remember when I was an AF Flight nurse (reserves) we carried liquid O2 and it was called Lox. I'd never heard of it til then....(early 70s).

I bet that hat will be a big hit and you'll feel so good wearing it. Something fun to look forward to....

I miss getting a new hat every Easter. Can't remember when I last wore one. In fact I can't remember wearing a dress...mostly two piece outfits since I am now less svelte than in my younger years.

Happy Mother's Day ...have a great day at Alison and Mike's.

Anonymous said...

If Apria was notified to cancel their service then the p/u of their equipment is their responsiblity. You are correct, however, that MCR and AARP will not pay for both companies. You should not be billed by the new company until Pat is using their equipment and instructed by their therapist.

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...