Friday, May 25, 2007

Went to WW and I'm down another pound. For the record, I've lost 12.4 and am now at 187.2, still hefty for my height, but it's comin' off.
Leslie and I have volunteered to staff the "Eyes Wide Open" exhibit in Atlantic City on July 3. This is simply a display of boots representing the number of troops from Jersey killed in Iraq, sponsored jointly by our group, the Coalition for Peace and Justice, and the Quakers. Along with her husband, Dennis, Les and I will again join the Peace Vigil group in Absecon next Wednesday.
Les invited me to take Joely to the Surflight Theatre on June 30 to see "Peter Pan." She's bringing granddaughters, Aspen and Sierra (not sure if that's how it's spelled--it's the mountain range). I called Jen and she said it was okay--great!
Other than that, it was a Suzy Homemaker day. Washed all the area rugs (baths and laundry room), plus washed, folded, and put away all the other laundry--whites, lights, and darks--and generally tidied up. The cleaners come today and I want to be ready for them.
One really high note: Just now, I received on-line from Mike and Paula Vivian's school picture! She looks so adorable, with a precious expression on her face in which her proud Nana reads intelligence, sweetness, and a kind of calm acceptance of the world that's mild, but zestful and alert, too. She's a beautiful child, I think anyone would agree. Mike wrote that he'll send a hard copy through regular mail. There's also a class picture, with the children ("nursery" level) and their four teachers.
Must pick up Susan for our walk--looking forward to Muckie's visit.

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

What can I say Rosemary but you have passed me in the weight dept. I'm 188 and hope to hit 180 before June 1. Now that is wishful thinking. You are doing great and know that I am rooting for you. I'd like to see that sweet slim girl that I remember from High School

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...