Saturday, May 26, 2007

Delightful day with Muckie. She got here at 12:30, but we talked to Pat while he had lunch, so it was 1:30 by the time we got to Dockside. I had my usual Caesar salad with chicken, Muck a chicken breast sandwich. And yes, Betty and Pat, we actually raised a glass to you (iced tea), wishing you were with us.
After, we drove the short distance to the bay (Dockside is on Green St., too) to meet up with Pat and his cronies. Had a good time chatting with P., his friend, John, and a woman named Dolores, who lost her husband last year. I then took Muckie on a short (it's short because Little Egg isn't exactly loaded with points of interest) tour of the area, including to see the three gigantic concrete blocks that used to hold up a 820-foot radio antenna. Muckie loved it and was surprised at the number of canals, lined with all sizes and types of homes with boats docked outside. We then went back to my house for more talk. Muckie filled me in on her friend, E.K., whom I remember from Holy Spirit. He somehow spanned both our classes, but ended up graduating from Atlantic High. Later, he earned a doctorate, but his marital history and romantic escapades are what engaged me most. I find the varied lives of people endlessly fascinating.
Said goodbye to Muckie about 4:30, shortly before Pat returned from the bay. Gave him a pork chop and just had my left over salad for lunch. Very enjoyable day all around.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I talked with Muckie about E.K. on the phone. I thought she dated him once.
BTW, did you verify what Betty said about Muckie's ex being in Meadowview.

It is a great to have lunch with a dear friend. I don't have any around here and I miss my friends. Thank God I have Rich. He's my confidante...if he weren't here....not sure I'd stay. The grandkids are going to soon be doing their own things.

Sometimes I wish we didn't leave Pensacola, but you have to make the best of what you have. I am appreciative of much, but I sure miss my intimate conversations with my buds.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...