Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm happy to say I think the Dramamine worked. I did get up about 1:00 for my usual trek to the WC, but fell back asleep quickly and didn't wake up until 5:15. I feel rested and fit and, happily, am coming out of my slump. (Thanks, Betty.)
Looking forward to taking Susan out for lunch with Barb H. today. S.'s birthday was in March, but we're all fine with being a little late. I'm going to make Molloy's Irish Creme for Susan, too.
Yesterday was okay. Was able to get some stuff done I've been putting off, such as certain paperwork, mounds of which are always waiting. Also, washed several loads of clothes (we're either incredibly dirty or the cleanest people in town) and generally, stayed busy. For me, it's fatal to be inactive.
Had baked chicken for dinner, rubbed with Emeril's "Original Essence." Damn, it was good. Of course, everything tastes good when you're dieting.
Went for my usual drive after dinner (so I'm not sitting in front of the T.V., which is a signal for me to snack) and Ellen called on the cell phone. I pulled over on Radio Road and we talked for an hour! She calls every Sunday and it's always so good chatting with her. This time we talked mostly about 1.) the credit card industry, godforsaken creeps that they are, and what the criminals in the White House let them get away with (what did Christ say about the moneychangers?) ; 2) politics in general. Ellen attended a meeting for Obama in Thousand Oaks and may get active.
Okay, Ellen--maybe he can win. He's sure as hell better than Hillary, who's in denial she doesn't have a prayer.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

RBM says "for me it is fatal to be inactive".

PMR recommends reading Jon Kabat Zin..."Whereevr you go..there you are". He's the one who said we don't always have to be DOING something....IT IS OK JUST TO BE.
I can't always follow the philosophy, but it does free one up to just 'smell the roses'.

Enjoy lunch.

Do you remove the skin when you bake the chicken...before or after?

Mimi said...

I'm a great believer in the strong influence of basic makeup (call it genes, biological heritage, or whatever) in how people live, think, and regard the world. I think my natural tendency is to be active. When I say "inactivity for me is fatal," I guess I mean I have a congenital low tolerence for boredom and, for me, that leads to sadness.
I know a number of people who follow Oprah or Dr. Phil with religious fervor--that's the epitome of boredom to me. I know others who rarely go outside their homes and have few interests. That would drive me batty.
When I chronicle my days on the blog, I don't include the quiet periods of reading or playing games on the computer that are interspersed with the more vigorous pursuits I enjoy.
That's probably why I like retirement so much--because I can do what I want to do when I want to do it.
It's certainly "okay just to be,"
but not if that means staring at the wall.

Mimi said...

Oops, almost forgot: I remove the skin before baking, spray with Pam, then add the spices.

iloveac said...

I think he'd think 'staring at the wall' for a little while is OK...kinda like meditating....or the centering prayer...neither of which I practice. Oprah and Dr Phil and the Soaps would be boring for me too, but some folks still love 'the price is right'. As Rich says...'different strokes for different folks'. Ya gotta do what works for you, right?

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...