Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Well, it was just a wasted day yesterday. I went to Penney's to try to find something to wear for the fashion show on May 23rd--do you think I could? Ha! Unfortunately, I've had to shop in "Women's" in recent years because this tubby little figure has somehow replaced my long, lean, svelte, goddess-like...oh, the hell with it, I'm short and fat.
Anyway, I rediscovered why I never go to Penney's: Their styles are ugly, their fabrics cheap and flimsy, and all their stuff is designed to make you look bad. I tried on outfit after outfit and they were horrid. Finally decided the best of a bad lot was a skirt and two matching tops in black and white. Made a mental note to go back and try them on again (we're not supposed to give the salesperson our selections for the show until next week) and left in an annoyed mood. Now I still haven't gotten anything to wear for Chrissy's wedding AND have to search out something for the show.
The rest of the day was nice. Just puttered around, went to Acme, ran into some neighbors and chatted, and enjoyed the incredible summery weather. It must have been 80 and so sunny--my favorite kind of day. After dinner, I went to Manahawkin and got a few things at Wal-Mart, but was disappointed again when I got home to hear that Patrick had called. Pat said he'd call again Wednesday night.
The rest of the week and most of next week are almost filled. I'm meeting former colleague, Mary Jane H., for lunch today at Panini Bay, and tomorrow, we have to go to Pat's primary at Fort Dix. Thursday, I'm taking the infamous stress test--ugh!-- and on Friday, I'll drive up to the Rider area to meet David P., former fellow manager in HR (he's info systems), for lunch. I'm planning to go to the Penney's up there in Lawrence to see if they have anything better than the crap in Hamilton Mall, but I'm not too optimistic.
But you know what? I'm actually in a buoyant mood.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Maybe *Penny's Couture will have to give way to "everyday sloppy". I LOVE that phrase. It says it all.

*LOL

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...