Sunday, May 27, 2007

Birth Alert (9 am): Betty's daughter-in-law, Robyn, went to the hospital early this morning, so little Dexter should make his entrance momentarily!
Posted earlier:
Except for a few highlights, had a pretty blah day. I finally got my fashion show outfits taken back and the charge off my card. Stopped at the produce place on the way home and bought red-leaf lettuce (I never buy tasteless, nutrition-less iceberg), acorn and butternut squash, limes, and lunch meat.
I tried to get the dead bush in the front out, but had no luck. I'll have to ask Alison and Mike to do it, but they'll be in New Hampshire until Tuesday (I think). I had called two landscapers, but didn't receive a call back--what else is new?
Today will probably be quiet, too, unless I can generate some excitement. Tomorrow we go to Ray and Barb's for their annual Memorial Day party. Pat says he'll go; hope it isn't too much of a strain for him.
Made barbequed chicken in the crockpot; simply put the (bought) sauce in with the chicken pieces and let 'em simmer for a few hours--very tasty.
I was pleased to hear from friend Lynne C. from Rehobeth Beach. We're meeting for lunch on Thursday at an Applebee's in Newark, DE. After the trip to D.C. last week, the four-hour (round trip) drive will seem like a piece of cake.
Had a delightful revelation: Pat McH. R. may have cared for me when I had Patrick almost 48 years ago! We compared notes and that's when she was a student nurse at St. Francis in Trenton--what a fun coincidence! She remembers my obstetrician, Dr. Seiler, and a certain ancient nun who used to take all the newborns directly from the delivery room to the chapel to be dedicated to the Blessed Mother.
(Hmm...she may have dropped Patrick on the way--it didn't take with him.)

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Yes, she carried each one..and we did worry she may drop one....she was sooo old. Was she still doing that by the time Michael came along? I, of course was no longer at St Francis.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...