Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I probably tried on every size blank dress in Atlantic and Ocean Counties yesterday. Didn't find anything I'd want to spend good money on, as my mother used to say. I'm now going to turn to my existing wardrobe and wear something from that. I must get out of this old-time habit of thinking I have to buy something new for every occasion. I'm ashamed to disclose (well, obviously not, as I'm disclosing it) that I have several things hanging up I've never worn. They're all too small--guess I bought them under the assumption I'd lose weight. Until now, I didn't seem to follow through to victory, but what a thrill it will be when I'm able to wear them!
Other than driving from mall to mall to try on clothes, it was a poky day. I was bummed at the fact that something happened when Pat tried to tape my nephew's Monday late-night appearance on CNN--he got another channel. I felt as if I do everything for him and when I ask him to do one thing, somehow it doesn't get done--demoralizing. After performing my usual histrionics, I'm now over my mad. Maybe somebody else taped it and I can borrow.
Salmon and flounder for dinner last night--the salmon was so good.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

We did see cousin Pat's piece and it is great. CNN is good about archiving stuff- I bet you can find it on their website, which should be www.cnn.com or something close. Go to "Anderson Cooper" and either look up Monday's show or do a search for Dr. Patrick Byrne.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
That's a great suggestion from Robyn....let us know if you get it.

Now, how close is Sunrise Bay to that fire that's out of control 20 miles north of AC? It must be near you, isn't it? I heard folks from several homes were evacuated. Hope you guys are OK.

Glad you let Pat know you're feelings ...I would have reacted the same.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...